Processes within Service Transition are mostly contained within the Service
Transition phase but there are also processes used throughout the Service lifecycle.
Processes carriedout in Service Transition are:
• Transition Planning and Support: Assiston handling high volumes of change and releases.
• Change Management: Responds to changing customer requirements and
Requests for Change.
• Service Asset and Configuration Management: Manage service assets and configuration items.
• Release and Deployment Management: Provide a holistic approach to the release of changedor new services.
• Service Testing and Validation: Testing and validating new or changed services to establish confidence for the change.
• Evaluation: Assessingthe performance of a changedservice in a consistent and standardized manner.
• Knowledge Management: Provide reliable information to improve the quality of management’s decision-making.
Activities carried out in Service Transitionare:
• Organizational and stakeholder Change: Organizations will change inevitably, reflecting the holistic natureof change that organizations will experience due to modern innovations.
• Communications: Deliver sufficient and prompt understanding of the implications, benefitsand usage of IT services.
ITIL, ITIL Foundation Course, ITIL V3, ITIL Course, ITIL – Course, online itil, itil certification, online material for itil course