Kuwait City, 17th January 2021:
Recruitment of maids started in Kuwait, iiQ8, from Philippines, India, SriLanka, Nepal and Bangladesh
Recruitment of maids from Philippines, India, SriLanka, Nepal and Bangladesh begins
The recruitment of new domestic workers will start from Sunday 17th January 2021, Kuwaiti citizens will apply through domestic labor companies to obtain visa for the domestic workers through Ministry of Interior as the Council of Ministers allowed recruitment.
Based on the decision by supreme committee to restart commercial flights from Kuwait International airport five nationalities will be allowed to enter to bring in only domestic workers by direct flights from the Philippines, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh.
The procedures for domestic workers vary from one country to another, the most difficult process is of the Philippines where the domestic worker generally expects to finish government procedures between two to three months. They have to sign an agreement to leave the country and do routine medical approval examinations, reports Al Anba. Some counties such as Sri Lanka have easy procedures for exit of domestic workers which takes an average of about a month.
New or returning domestic workers need to be registered on the Balsama app in order to travel to Kuwait by the sponsor and book airline tickets, institutional quarantine and make necessary payments.
The list remains unchanged currently of 35 countries which are banned entering directly to Kuwait, it is expected that the ban list will continue for some period.
It is expected on 28th January first flight from Sri Lanka will arrive with domestic workers. Bangladesh and Nepal will follow.
Source – Arab Times
- 16th January 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Sultan Center Weekly promotions, iiQ8, Deals in Sultan Centre Kuwait Jan 2021
- PM Modi launches pan India rollout of COVID-19 vaccination drive, iiQ8
- 60th Anniversary Logo Design Contest by Embassy, iiQ8
- Indian Embassy call people to be aware of fraudulent calls, iiQ8
- 15th January 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- New System for Renewal of work permit for Expats, iiQ8
- Corona Passport will be given after 2 Dose vaccine, iiQ8
- Indian Kuwait pack moving service 66756002
- Costo Supermarket Deals Kuwait, iiQ8, Promotions Costo
- Recruitment fees for domestic workers to increase by 50%, iiQ8
- Kuwait sees a decline in cases, iiQ8, COVID-19 cases decline
- 20K+ Doses given in Kuwait, iiQ8, First Doses more than 20000
- E-platform Facilitates Domestic Workers’ Return To Kuwait From ‘High-Risk’ Nations