Kuwait City, 7th January 2022:
Philippines’ Arrest of Un-Vaccinated people who violate stay-at-home orders
Philippines’ Duterte orders arrest of unvaccinated people who violate stay-at-home orders
MANILA, Jan 6 (Reuters) – Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte said on Thursday people who have not taken COVID-19 shots will be arrested if they disobeyed stay-at-home orders as infections hit a three-month high.
Duterte in an televised address to the nation said he was asking community leaders to look for unvaccinated people and make sure they were confined to their homes.
“If he refuses, if he goes out his house and goes around the community, he can be restrained. If he refuses, the captain is empowered now to arrest recalcitrant persons,” Duterte said.
Daily coronavirus infections in the Philippines hit the highest since Sept. 26 at 17,220 cases on Thursday, the health ministry said, including those caused by the Omicron variant of COVID-19.
The tally, which was more than triple recorded on Tuesday brought total cases to over 2.88 million, and deaths to more than 51,700, the second highest COVID-19 infections and casualties in Southeast Asia, next to Indonesia.
“I am responsible for the safety and well being of every Filipino,” Duterte said as he challenged those who disapprove of his directive to file a case against him.
At the end of last year, 49.8 million people had been fully vaccinated, or 45% of the country’s 110 million people. Under existing rules unvaccinated people in the capital region of Manila can only step out of their homes for essential trips.
Duterte is known for his bellicose rhetoric. Last year, he threatened people who refuse to get inoculated with jail or an injection of Ivermectin, an anti-parasite drug widely used to treat animals.
But his latest remarks underscored his government’s growing concerns over the rising number of COVID-19 cases which health experts warn could overwhelm the country’s health systems again.
The Philippines has so far detected 43 domestic and imported cases of Omicron, prompting the government to tighten curbs this week.
- Philippines Arrest of Un-Vaccinated people who violate stay-at-home orders
- COVID PCR Drive Thru Test for 9 KD, Visit us at Al Seef Hospital, iiQ8
- Anchor Sreemukhi, యాంకర్ శ్రీముఖి, Hot Telugu Anchor Srimukhi Collections
- Anchor Manjusha, iiQ8 Telugu Anchor Manjusha Hot looks, మంజూష అదిరే అందాలు
- Pavitra Lokesh Beautiful Photos, Telugu Aunty PavithraLokesh Collections, iiQ8 పవిత్ర లోకేష్
- What is YouTube Premium Account?, What is included with YouTube Premium?
- Embassy of India Kuwait, ADVISORY RELATED TO CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
- Free Medical Tele-Consultations Panel from Embassy of India Kuwait, iiQ8 COVID info
- India supplied next batch 500,000 doses of COVID vaccine (COVAXIN) to Afghanistan
- 2413 New Cases on 6th January 2022, COVID-19 in Kuwait, iiQ8 today Corona Report
- Jabardasth Aanchor Rashmi Gautam Hot Telugu Actor, iiQ8, Rehsmi ETV
- India Logged 90000 New COVID-19 Cases in 24 Hours, Omicron Updates on 6th January, 2022 New Positive Cases
- Tamanna Bhatia Indian Hot Actress, Tamannah hot heroine, iiQ8
- Kuwait Solution Looms in to dilemma of expats above 60 Years, iiQ8
- Lulu Hypermarket Home Delivery in 90 Minutes, Online Shopping Lulu Kuwait