Kuwait City, 15th September, 2020:
No Residency extension for expired after 1st September, iiQ8
Residence permits expired on 1st September 2020, will not benefit from the deadline of Nov 30, 2020 – end permit extension
The Residency Affairs Departments have received instructions from the concerned authority to strictly apply the law on all expatriates whose residence permits have expired on Sept 1, 2020, reports Al-Anba daily quoting an informed security source. The source pointed out expatriates whose residence permits expired on Sept 1, 2020, will not benefit from the deadline of Nov 30, 2020, issued by the Ministry of Interior.
The source added, the decision states only those whose residence permit expired from March until end of August 2020 can benefit from the Nov 30, deadline.
Those whose residence permits have expired from the beginning of September will have to pay two dinars fine for each day, unless they approach any of the Residence Affairs Department to obtain an extension. The source said there can be no justification for those whose residence permit expired after Sept 1, 2020 not to renew it. If such persons have not applied for renewal they will have to pay KD 2 fine for each day for staying in the country illegally especially since the Residence Affairs Departments began receiving visitors from the end of June 2020.
The source emphasized that those whose residence permits and visit visas expired before the end of August 2020 got automatic extension until the end of November 2020.
The source emphasized these new instructions indicate that there is no intention to grant visitors and violators of residence law a new deadline after the current deadline expires at the end of Nov 30. The source emphasized those outside the country will continue to get automatic waiver of the 6 months stay outside the country provided they hold valid residence permit or their residence permit has been renewed online or by the sponsor.
- MOH recommended 3 countries to add, 1 to remove from banned list, iiQ8
- Kuwait identified 10 categories to return back, to Kuwait, iiQ8
- Kuwait still in 1st coronavirus wave, iiQ8, indianinQ8
- Kuwait postponed to move Phase-5, Return of Normal Life, iiQ8
- 14th September, Monday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Kuwait May Witness Second Wave Of COVID-19, iiQ8
- Kuwait Bus Route Number 106XX From Fahaheel To Farwaniya, Super Xxpress
- Philippines Embassy in Kuwait, Birth, Passport Releasing-Only Operations, iiq8
- 13th September, Sunday, Kuwait CoronaVirus Update, iiQ8, COVID-19