Kuwait City, 18th February 2021:
Kuwait 43 hotels picked for mandatory quarantine, iiQ8
From February 21, all arrivals in country will have to undergo 7-day hotel quarantine
Forty-three hotels will be engaged in mandatory institutional quarantine that Kuwait is due to apply to all arrivals in the country beginning next Sunday to curb the spread of COVID-19, a local newspaper reported on 17th February, Wednesday.
Starting from February 21, authorities will enforce mandatory seven-day hotel quarantine to all travellers – citizens and foreigners – arriving in Kuwait at their expense. All passengers must book their hotel stay via the Kuwait Mosafer app prior to their arrival in the country. Upon the end of the institutional quarantine period, passengers will have to undergo domestic quarantine for seven more days.
The participating hotels have agreed in principle to quarantine prices set on the basis of the hotel category and the provided services, Al Anba newspaper quoted unnamed official sources as saying.
The Hotel Owners Union in Kuwait had convened several meetings with local hotels to draw up a price mechanism for the service, with the proposed prices differing from one hotel to the other, the sources added without giving specific figures.
Some hotels had voiced reservations about joining in providing the institutional quarantine, citing potential risks and disequilibrium between the high cost of offering quarantine in line with international standards and the proposed prices, the sources said. The quarantine will be enforced following the end of a temporary ban on non-Kuwaitis’ entry into the country.
- Kuwait 43 hotels picked for mandatory quarantine, iiQ8
- Banned countries allowed to Kuwait, iiQ8, Entry from India with 14 days Quarantine
- 17th February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Grand Hyper Weekly 70% Offers, iiQ8, Grand hyper Promotions, Deals 23rd Feb
- Q8 Vaccine update, iiQ8, MOH warns of tougher measures
- 16th February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Q8 Cabinet’s weekly meeting report, iiQ8, 16th February 2021
- 15th February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- Get Free rides on CityBus Kuwait, iiQ8, Book Home to Work
- Jazeera to start direct flights between Kuwait & Sri Lanka, iiQ8
- 4 Days holiday for Kuwait National & Liberation day, iiQ8
- Kuwait DGCA issued circular to charge PCR Test, Quarantine for all , iiQ8
- 14th February 2021, Kuwait Corona Update, iiQ8, COVID-19
- A5 Kuwait Bus Route A5 Jaleeb to Avenues, KuwaitBusA5, iiQ8
- Last working day of Fahaheel Pass Office – City Bus Kuwait, iiQ8