To search for WORDS within FILES on Windows 7 / 8 /10 follow these instructions:
- Open windows explorer
- Using the left hand file menu select the folder to search in
- Find the search box in the top right hand corner of the explorer window
- In the search box type content: followed by the word or phrase you are searching for.(eg content:yourword)
- To narrow down the search it is best to include a file type (eg .doc, .xls). To do this, add the word file: followed by the file type. (eg file:*.doc)
- This will bring up all word documents within that folder that have the word or phrase you are looking for. From here you may select the document that you wish to open.