Highly infectious NOROVIRUS is similar to coronavirus? All you need to know
What is Norovirus?
Norovirus is a very contagious virus that causes vomiting and diarrhoea. Anyone can get infected and sick with norovirus.
Similarities between coronavirus and Norovirus
- Like coronavirus, Norovirus too can be asymptomatic in some people, and mutates rapidly – different strains of norovirus have been found circulating around the same hospital during one season.
- In fact, as it spreads around, norovirus sometimes changes so much that standard testing kits can’t recognise versions of it that have evolved.
- Most people with symptomatic norovirus infections have diarrhoea, but some experience projectile vomiting as well.
- This creates an aerosol full of viruses that spread around any room and leave it on surfaces, waiting for others to pick it up, as happens with respiratory viruses. COVID-19 also causes diarrhoea in some patients.
The most common symptoms are – Diarrhoea, Vomiting, Nausea and Stomach pain.
How does Norovirus spread?
The virus spreads very easily and quickly
It can spread from an infected people to others
Through contaminated foods and surfaces
Outbreaks can happen anytime, but they occur most often from November to April
Precautions to be taken
- Wash your hands often
- Rinse fruits and vegetables
- Stay home when sick and for two days after symptoms stop
- Avoid preparing food for others when sick and for two days after symptoms stop
- An infected person touches the surface with their bare hands that have feces or vomit particles on them
- An infected person vomits or has diarrhea that splatters onto surfaces
- Food, water, or objects that are contaminated with norovirus are placed on surfaces
- Tiny particles of vomit spray through the air and land on surfaces or enter a person’s mouth, then he or she swallows it
- Highly infectious NOROVIRUS is similar to coronavirus? All you need to know
- Plan your wedding in space just only for 37 thousand KD, KCHjobs
- GRAND MOBILE FEST in all Grand Hyper branches till 27th, KCHjobs Offers
- Qatar Bus Route 32, Al Ghanim Station – Muaither Circular via Umm Al Dom Street
- Qatar Bus Route 31, Al Ghanim Bus Station – Indian Cultural Centre – Circular via Abu Harmour
- Qatar Bus Route 22, Al Ghanim Station – Street 23
- Qatar Bus Route 21, Al Ghanim Station – Humaila Medical/New Ind Street 6 via Karwa City Station
- Qatar Bus Route 20, Al Ghanim Bus Station – Religious Complex via Medical Commission
- Qatar Bus Route 12X, Al Ghanim Bus Station – Mesaimeer Barwa City via Al Hilal
- Qatar Bus Route 12, Al Ghanim Station – Al Thumana – Circular via Al Qadeem
- Eid Al-Adha Mubarak to everyone from indianinQ8.com , KCHjobs
- 19th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, KCHjobs, COVID-19
- New update to Immune App, KCHjobs, Ministry of Health Kuwait
- 18th July 2021, Kuwait today Corona Update, KCHjobs, COVID-19
- 3 Years & 2 Years of Health Insurance for expats inside and outside Kuwait, KCHjobs