Covid certificate online correction on the Cowin portal is now made easy. If you have found errors in your COVID 19 certificate & wondering how to correct them, online self-correction is the solution. Errors like spelling mistakes in name, wrong year of Birth & wrong gender can now be changed easily.
Have you vaccinated and downloaded the vaccination certificate from the portal? Did you find any errors in the certificate? Don’t worry, now you can correct if any errors on the vaccination certificate. Yes, the Indian government has announced that the people who have vaccinated their first and second dose can correct errors in the vaccination proof document. Through this initiative, the citizens can edit the details in the certificate such as Name, Year of Birth, and Gender. Moreover, the applicants can download the Cowin Certificate once the corrections are successfully done.
The interested applicants can visit the Official Portal and start correcting their details on the Cowin Certificate online.
COVID 19 certificate obtained from Cowin portal, Aarogya Setu app has become important these days. Many states are now asking for vaccination certificates from visitors. In many other areas also, presenting the corona vaccination certificate has become important. Clearly, it is very important that your vaccination proof document contains all correct information as per your Aadhaar card. In some cases, it has been observed that wrong details of the vaccinated person are displayed on the certificate but leads to problems later on.
This article explains the online process to correct the details such as Name, Date of Birth on your vaccination certificate.
How to Change/Correct Name and Date of Birth on COVID 19 Vaccination Certificate
Let us see the online process to change the name and date of birth on the Cowin Certificate on the Cowin Portal.
- Visit the Official Cowin Portal
- It takes the online users to the Home Page, as shown below.
- Click on the Register / Sign in Yourself Button on the same page.
- Enter 10 Digit Mobile Number on the newly opened page.
- Click on the Get OTP Button.
- It then generates an OTP to the Registered Mobile Number.
- Copy the OTP and enter it in the respective field.
- Click on the Verify Button to verify the OTP.
- It then takes the online applicants to the Account Details page.
- Click on the Raise an Issue Button at the top of the page.
- On the next page, click on: what is the Issue?
- Click on the Relevant Checkbox such as Name, Year of Birth, and Gender.
- Click on the Continue Button.
- It then successfully downloads the vaccination certificate on the system.
- The applicants should keep it safe for future references as it acts as a proof for travel in the restricted hours.
Note: The citizens can correct their details using the Cowin Mobile App by following the similar procedure on the mobile.
Avoid Sharing Cowin Certificate on Social Media Platforms
Are you sharing your Cowin Certificate on Social Media Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram? Here is why you should not share your vaccination certificate online.
- Cyber Dost is an organization working under the Ministry of Home Affairs to bring awareness about cybercrimes.
- It has warned people not to share the Cowin Certificate on social media platforms.
- The warning is that the Cowin Certificate consists of the Name, Date of Birth, Gender, and other confidential information.
- Cybercriminals will misuse this kind of information present on the certificate.
- Thus the Cyber Dost advised the citizens not to share the certificates online on social media.
Cowin Certificate Correction FAQs
What all details do the applicants correct on the Cowin Certificate using the Cowin Portal and Mobile App?
The applicants can correct their Name, Date of Birth, and Gender on the Cowin Portal or Mobile App.
Can I download the Cowin Vaccination Certificate after the correction of the details on the portal?
The applicants can download the vaccination certificate after correcting the details on the Cowin Vaccination Certificate.
What is the advantage of downloading the Certificate after the vaccination?
The Cowin Vaccination Certificate is used as proof for the travel and to get access to other locations.
How to start correcting the errors printed on the vaccination Certificate
The citizens should singin to the portal and click on the Raise an Issue button to update the correct details in the certificate.