Kuwait City, 6th February 2022:
Above 60 Years allowed to Iqama Transfer in Kuwait, Expats 60+ can transfer Aqama
Kuwait: Expats at 60 allowed iqama transfer
Transfer hinges on employer’s approval, health insurance
Kuwait’s labour authorities will allow automatic transfer of iqamas (residency permits) for expatriates who turn 60 after a controversial ban on their employment has recently been scrapped, according to a local newspaper.
The iqama transfer for this category of expatriates who hold no university degree will be allowed via the website of the Public Authority of Manpower (PAM) on condition that the employer will provide an approval and the applicant presents a mandatory health insurance document, Al Anba reported citing a PAM source.
“The authority conducts online renewal of [work] permits for this category without delay if they meet the conditions,” the source added.
Last week, Kuwait allowed expatriates aged 60 and above who hold no university degree to apply for renewing their work permits according to new rules that have ended a months-long ban on their employment.
The new system obligates those expatriates to pay an annual fee of KD250 per person and get comprehensive health insurance as conditions for work permit renewal.
Exempted are spouses and children of Kuwaiti citizens and Palestinian holders of travel documents.
Last October, the Kuwaiti Legal Advice and Legislation Department invalidated the ban, saying it had no legal basis.
The Cabinet-linked department said the ban had been issued by PAM director-general without authorisation.
The ban, which went into effect last year, triggered an outcry among rights activists, who argued that it affected thousands of expatriates and their families who long lived in Kuwait.
Around 4,013 such expatriates were forced out of the work market in Kuwait in the first six months of enforcing the ban, Al Qabas newspaper reported recently.
Critics also said the restriction also harmed many employers and destabilised the labour market in Kuwait, robbing it of experienced workers.
- Above 60 Years allowed to Iqama Transfer in Kuwait, Expats 60+ can transfer Aqama
- Best friends Telugu lo stories kathalu Ramu – Somu , రాము – సోము
- Ramu Somu Story in Telugu pdf, friendship stories for Kids, best friends kathalu
- 5th February 2022, COVID-19 Cases in Kuwait, iiQ8 today Corona Report
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day February 14th, 2022 The Palms Beach Hotel & Spa – Kuwait
- All are equal in the eyes of God Ramanujacharya’s Statue of Equality unveiling by PM Modi
- The top 10 Super-Billionaires in this world, iiQ8, Top 10 Business Billionaires
- COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Test Kit buy online Kuwait Hospital
- LuLu Hypermarket FEBRUARY SAVER now in all LuLuKuwait branches, iiQ8
- Civil ID Renewal Process for Expatriates in Kuwait Bataka Renewal
- 4th February 2022, COVID-19 Cases in Kuwait, iiQ8 today Corona Report
- Recover the Deleted files in Windows 10 / 8 / 7
- X-cite by Alghanim Hala Feb Offers 2022, Alghanim Kuwait Promotions February
- Kuwait Liberation Tower open to public from Sunday, 6th February 2022, iiQ8 info