Sr. Business Analyst – Customer Experience & Store Applications
Company: Alghanim Industries
Alghanim Industries is a multibillion-dollar conglomerate with more than 30 businesses and one of the largest privately-owned companies in the Persian Gulf region, predominantly in Kuwait. Its operations spread across 40 different countries.
The role will be based in Kuwait. The person will be part of the Consumer practice, predominantly focusing on the following business units:
– Retail – this business unit includes:
o X-Cite – the largest Electricals retailer in Kuwait
o Safat Home – one of the leading home furnishing brands in Kuwait
– Food & Beverage – this business unit operates the license for the following brands:
o Slim Chickens
Additional business units are part of the Consumer practice, including: Engineering, GTRC, Insurance, Manufacturing and Supply Chain & Distribution.
Alghanim Industries is currently experiencing a transformation that will result in a shift from a “Project based” to a “Product based” organization, in line with the most technology-advanced and agile companies at a global level.
In a product-based organization, employees are grouped around the product they work on, rather than individual roles or attributes, working according to agile methodologies. IT organizations and product developers co-create products and services with the business, rather than simply collecting requirements and executing the projects.
The Sr. Business Analyst will report directly to the Product Owner of Customer Experience & Store Applications, having responsibility for the products across the Consumer practice. The Sr. Business Analyst will support in the launch of new products and in the enhancement of the existing ones, having an end-to-end view of the planned roadmap for the product. This role will also line manage Junior Business Analyst’s within the Digital team.
The Sr. Business Analyst will support in business requirements capture, vendors evaluation and shortlisting, solution design, end-to-end implementation of technology solutions. Some administration activities will also be required to manage the different sprints releases. The Product Owner and their team will be accountable to ensure solutions are fit for purpose and designed to meet their original intention, and that a calculable ROI exists to support product investment.
Furthermore, the Product Owner and their team will agree and share KPIs along with the Business and will be responsible in delivering and improving them, reporting results monthly to a Senior Committee.
The role of the Sr. Business Analyst is business focussed and key aspect will be related to delivering a best-in-class omni-channel consumer experience and ensuring solutions are fit for purpose, future-proof and commercially competitive. Where solutions are non-consumer facing, the focus is on empowering business teams and delivering best-in-class tooling to meet business requirements.
This individual will have good communication skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a passion for Retail. Strong presentation skills are required, as well as the confidence to manage multiple stakeholders from business teams, IT teams, external vendors and delivery partners. It is expected that the individual is a keen follower of technology trends and can determine potential business value in order to pro-actively suggest ideas to business & IT teams.
- Performing requirements analysis. Develop business requirements into user stories, epics and business requirement documentation as required.
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement and developing and implementing solutions ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings.
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems.
- Design to-be solution including functional design and process design.
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports.
- Producing deliverables ensuring timing completion.
- Managing vendors and business stakeholders.
- Managing competing resources and priorities.
- Assess potential technology solutions & vendors, developing scorecards and recommendations to business & IT teams.
- Review and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and develop strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Support with sprint planning in order to deliver approved backlog of change.
- Engage with other Business Analyst and developers across other functional domains (e.g. Supply Chain) to ensure knowledge sharing. Where applicable, recommend solutions that could benefit other business areas, and vice-versa.
- University degree, ideally from a business or technology discipline.
- 5 years+ experience working as a Business Analyst in the store environment.
- 2 years+ experience of working within retail, with preference for consumer facing brands.
- Experience of facilitating & running workshops (business & IT facing).
- Experience of capturing and documenting business requirements.
- Experience working on agile projects (end-to-end) and traditional waterfall projects.
- Ability to effectively execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex concepts and resolve complex problems.
- Project management experience is preferable.
Popular Jobs Overall
- Current Job Opportunities in Petrofac – Indians in Kuwait Jobs iiQ8 (1713 views)
- 𝟑𝟎𝟎 Job 𝐕𝐚𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐏𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐩𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐊𝐮𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭 , iiQ8 Classifieds (125 views)
- 𝐇𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐈𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐚 𝐭𝐨 𝐊𝐮𝐰𝐚𝐢𝐭, 𝟏𝟎 𝐂𝐚𝐫 𝐓𝐞𝐜𝐡𝐧𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐧𝐬, iiQ8 Job Vacancies (120 views)
- Urgently required 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐧 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭, iiQ8 Jobs, iik Jobs in Kuwait (117 views)
- Packers and Movers Indian Shifting Services in Kuwait professional (63 views)
- Kuwait Airways Jobs Rostering Officer, Expert, Specialist, iiQ8 Jobs, iik vacancies (59 views)
- Maidan Hawally Accommodation Available, Sharing Accommodation (56 views)
- WE OFFER URGENT PAYDAY LOAN TO INDIVIDUAL IN NEED (56 views)
- Car for Sale Nissan Altima 2014 – Sale and buy Kuwait (55 views)
- WordPress related works, Freelancer available , iiQ8 (54 views)